At the Asutralian Academy of Garden Design, we understand that taking the leap into learning is not always an easy step. Most people have busy lives with roles and responsibilities that make it difficult to make room for studying. This is where we come in. After 20 years of curating, honing and listening to our students, we have come up with three study modes that cater for the needs of almost any conceivable lifestyle. Our academy offers home study, classroom-based, and live online classes, each designed to nurture budding garden designers at every stage of their journey.
Home Study Courses:
This is the most flexible option. It involves a bit of self discipline but is ideal for those who may have a changeable or unpredictable schedule.
If you want to experiment with garden design and see how it fits in your life, then home study means you can study at your own pace in your own time. You have the freedom to immerse yourself in the world of garden design whenever and wherever you want. All of our courses are accredited so you can rest assured that we maintain the highest standard of course content and there is always expert guidance from our tutors. You will basically have everything you need to develop your talents outside of the typical classroom setting.
Key Advantages of Home Study:
- Course material can be accessed 24/7 - in a variety of ways
- Self-paced learning approach
- Guidance from experienced garden design tutors
- Online discussions with other students through our online learning centre.
- Optional work placement for some of the courses
- Hands-on projects and assignments
For some people, the hands-on physical presence of a classroom is where they thrive. At the Australian Academy of Garden Design, our classroom courses are designed to provide an immersive learning experience.
The structure of a classroom plus the meeting of like-minded people is something many students find beneficial to their learning experience. The shared workspace generates a collaborative atmosphere which can be inspirational in a creative environment as well as contributing to the development of technical skills. All of which is again, expertly guided by industry professionals.
Key Advantages of Classroom-based:
- Collaborative and inspiring classroom atmosphere
- Direct contact with experienced tutors
- Structured and practical learning journey
- Cutting-edge facilities and resources
Live Online Classes
Our live online classes are the happy medium between home study and classroom-based options. They provide the structured schedule of a classroom as well as the lively collaboration with other students in real time, but they also remove the need to commute and to depend on a convenient location. Students can enjoy the classroom experience without the need to compromise on their course choices just because the class is too far away or inaccessible. This is an ideal option for those who respond well to the communal aspect of learning but perhaps live in a remote area or cannot commit to travelling.
Key Advantages of Live Online Classes:
- Real-time interaction with tutors and with other students
- Convenient access and flexible learning from any location
- Engaging and interactive online teaching methods
Garden Design Courses offered in different study modes:
- Certificate - Gain a foundation in basic garden design skills and actively participate in the design of your own garden.
- Advanced Certificate - Gain advanced knowledge of garden design skills and techniques to become a professional garden designer.
- Postgraduate Certificate- Develop an in-depth understanding of garden design skills and principles to set up your own garden design business. Includes optional work placement.
People spend a lot of time fantasising about their dream career and wishing they just had that one opportunity to pursue their ambition. Change is always challenging and when it comes to taking a chance on yourself, there is always fear and there are often many obstacles. We at the Australian Academy of Garden Design have spent many years watching, learning and listening and we are confident that these study modes can quickly remove some of the most common barriers that prevent people from taking that leap. If home study, classroom-based or live online can work for you, then look no further. We are taking enrolments now!